We are committed to continually strengthening our governance, risk and compliance (GRC) framework. Our goals are to:
- keep shareholders well-informed by providing them accurate and timely information;
- maintain an effective Board committed to represent and safeguard the interest of shareholders;
- deliver executive leadership led by the President and CEO ensuring that the organization works hard to achieve common goals and objectives;
- implement strong risk management measures and internal controls to help Ma’aden achieve its strategic and operational objectives and
- maintain total compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
We work hard to promote a ‘compliance and ethics culture’ within Ma’aden. We believe that compliance is closely related to ethics, which is one of the central pillars of our sustainability strategy. Ethics in turn closely reflects our values of integrity, care, teamwork and ownership. It is this combination of compliance, ethics and values that led to the development of our Code of Conduct, which covers a wide range of activities such as:
Ma'aden's commitment to CSR is based on a four pillar approach:
- employment practices;
- employee, customer and vendor information;
- conflict of interest;
- relationship with business partners;
- EHS issues;
- Ethical management practices.
The Code is intended to guide our actions in conducting business in a socially responsible and ethical manner and distinguish Ma’aden in the eyes of our stakeholders. The Code has led to new policy initiatives within Ma’aden, such as an anti-corruption policy that complements our whistleblowing policy.
We work hard to put in place proper culture, policies and procedures to ensure compliance. We provide our people with training to meet our compliance standards, which ensures that our emphasis on following regulations, ethical considerations and values become an integral part of business strategies.