Ma'aden is committed to continually strengthening the company's governance, risk, and compliance (GRC) framework. Ma'aden's goals are to:
- keep shareholders well-informed by providing them accurate and timely information;
- maintain an effective Board committed to represent and safeguard the interest of shareholders;
- deliver executive leadership led by the President and CEO ensuring that the organization works hard to achieve common goals and objectives;
- implement strong risk management measures and internal controls to help Ma’aden achieve its strategic and operational objectives and
- maintain total compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
Ma'aden works hard to promote a ‘compliance and ethics culture’ within the company. Ma'aden believes that compliance is closely related to ethics, which is one of the central pillars of Ma’aden’s sustainability strategy. Ethics in turn closely reflects the company's values of integrity, care, teamwork, and ownership. It is this combination of compliance, ethics, and values that led to the development of Ma'aden Code of Conduct, which covers a wide range of activities such as:
- employment practices;
- employee, customer and vendor information;
- conflict of interest;
- relationship with business partners;
- EHS issues;
- Ethical management practices.
The Code is intended to guide Ma'aden's actions in conducting business in a socially responsible and ethical manner and distinguish Ma’aden in the eyes of the company's stakeholders. The Code has led to new policy initiatives within Ma’aden, such as an anti-corruption policy that complements Ma'aden's whistleblowing policy.
Ma'aden works hard to put in place proper culture, policies, and procedures to ensure compliance. Ma'aden provides its people with training to meet the company's compliance standards, which ensures that Ma'aden's emphasis on following regulations, ethical considerations and values becomes an integral part of business strategies.