Our 2025 strategy is anchored in our vision to be a sustainable mining champion with a global presence. Our approach to achieve success is best explained using the concept of three pillars built on strong foundations.
Pillar 1: Operational, capital and commercial excellence
- Competitive cost position
- Profitability and returns in line with international peers
- Leverage digital technology and lean manufacturing culture to improve efficiency across assets
Pillar 2: National mining champion
- Grow sustainably in Saudi phosphate, aluminium, gold and base metals
- Growth in select industrial minerals
- Champion the development of the Saudi mining sector
Pillar 3: Global presence
- Leverage world-class mineral deposits in Saudi Arabia to grow as a global industry leader
- Grow globally in selected commodities
Foundations -- sustainability and capability building
- Build best-in-class safety culture and practices across the organization and foster a zero harm environment
- Develop new capabilities and leaders across our core business to deliver Ma'aden's growth aspirations
- Lead stewardship of the Kingdom’s mining industry and its ecosystem
Ma’aden is a prime example of how a leading national enterprise can achieve commercial success while making a significant contribution to national development, economic transformation, job creation and social welfare.
The launch of Saudi Vision 2030 and the National Transformation Program has infused Saudi Arabia’s industrial sector with a renewed sense of ambition. Vision 2030 recognises the potential of mineral resources and the mining industry for the national economy. The Saudi government’s commitment to build a comprehensive database of national mineral resources is one vital element to help realize this vision of mining as the third pillar of Saudi industry.
As the champion of the domestic mining industry, Ma’aden is ideally placed to strengthen and develop the mining sector ecosystem and generate benefits to the national economy. We will continue to boost GDP contribution and contribute to national job creation, generating up to 60,000 direct and indirect jobs by 20XX