The objective of Corporate Governance is to ensure compliance with the best governance practices in order to protect the shareholders rights, as well as the rights of other stakeholders.
The framework for Ma'aden's Corporate Governance is set by the provisions of the Corporate Governance Regulations issued by the Capital Market Authority (CMA) of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia; the Companies law and Ma'aden Articles of Association.
In its Articles of Association, Ma'aden creates the mechanism for its shareholders to exercise their rights during General Assembly Meetings, including the appointment of the Board of Directors at the General Assembly.
Ma'aden complies with corporate governance standards that are in accordance with international best practice We are diligent in our approach to reporting financial results and to ongoing communication with the investor community, as well as fulfilling our disclosure obligations.
The ultimate responsibility for the management of Ma’aden rests with the Board of Directors, including the approving of a Corporate Governance Code for the company in accordance with the Corporate Governance Regulations. The Board of Directors has created three committees to clearly assign authority:
- Executive Committee
- Audit Committee
- Nomination and Renumeration Committee
Ma’aden complies with all applicable laws and regulations and ensures their efficient application through several bylaws, policies and internal directives designed to achieve operational excellence and fulfil the company’s strategic objectives:
- Corporate Governance Framework ,Ma’aden complies with all applicable laws and regulations and ensures their efficient application through several bylaws, policies and internal directives designed to achieve operational excellence and fulfil the company’s strategic objectives:
- Conflict of Interest Policy,which regulates conflict of interest and remedies potential conflict of interest situations of Board of Directors Members, Executive Management and Employees. This includes misuse of the Company’s assets and facilities and the arbitrary disposition resulting from dealings with the related parties.
- Executive Committee Charter
- Audit Committee Charter
- Nomination & Remuneration Committee Charter
- Articles of Association